just better.®️ hummus
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice (1 Lg. lemon)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 6 Tbs just better.® fiber
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Dash ground paprika (optional)
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more.
Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, just better.® fiber and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended. Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.