Welcome back to Recipe of the Week with just better.® fiber! As we continue on our journey to create delectable dishes packed with fiber, we're excited to share this week's special - Stuffed Bell Peppers!
Did you know that August 5th was National Green Peppers Day? This day celebrates the incredible versatility of green bell peppers, but for our recipe, you're welcome to use bell peppers of any color you like. After all, variety is the spice of life, right?
Green bell peppers, while not exactly fiber-rich, still contribute to your daily fiber needs and offer an array of significant health benefits. They are low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals. In particular, they boast high levels of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, which are crucial for your immune system and eye health, respectively. A single medium-sized green bell pepper provides an impressive 169% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for vitamin C! WOW!
A medium-sized green bell pepper contains about 2 grams of fiber. While this may not seem substantial when compared to the recommended daily fiber intake of 30 grams, every bit counts, and this is where just better.® fiber can play a vital role. By incorporating just better.® fiber into dishes (like our stuffed bell peppers), you can easily boost the fiber of any meal, snack, or beverage! Cool, right?!
In addition to these benefits, green bell peppers also possess high antioxidant content, including flavonoids and phytonutrients, that can help reduce inflammation and protect against various chronic diseases. So, while the fiber content in green bell peppers may not be exceptional, their overall nutritional profile is indeed notable. When combined with just better.® fiber, they form part of a nutrient-dense, fiber-rich meal that's not only delicious but also great for your health!
Our take on this classic includes a medley of vegetables, delivering an explosion of flavors and a vibrant presentation that's sure to impress at any dining table.
But the real magic lies in just better.® fiber; it’s not only a fantastic way to boost your fiber intake but also seamlessly blends into any recipe, thanks to its 100% dissolvable, flavorless, and all-natural (Non-GMO) attributes.
This week, we're pairing the long-standing tradition of stuffing bell peppers with the innovative, health-promoting benefits of prebiotic fiber. So, join us in this fusion of past and present, taste and health, and let's make it just better.®! 😉
just better.®️ Stuffed Bell Peppers
4 Large green bell peppers ( or any color of your choice)
1 Cup cooked quinoa
1 Cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5 oz. can of organic diced tomatoes
½ Cup julienned carrots
½ Cup diced onion
½ Cup diced zucchini
½ Cup diced red bell pepper
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon avocado oil
1 Teaspoon ground cumin
1 Teaspoon paprika
½ Teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
½ Cup just better.® prebiotic fiber
Optional: Shredded cheese for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare a baking dish by lightly greasing it with avocado oil.
- Start by preparing the bell peppers. Slice off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Place them in the greased baking dish, ready to be filled later.
- In a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. Sauté for a few minutes until the vegetables become tender.
- Add the diced zucchini, julienned carrots, and cooked quinoa to the skillet.
Stir in the black beans, ground cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Stir in the canned diced tomatoes and just better.® fiber. The flavorless and dissolvable nature of just better.® fiber ensures it seamlessly integrates into the filling without altering the taste or texture of the dish.
- Ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the filling mixture into the prepared bell peppers, filling them generously. Place the stuffed peppers back into the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes. This will allow the peppers to soften and the flavors to meld together.
- After baking, remove the foil and optionally sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of each pepper if desired. Return the dish to the oven for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese melts and turns golden.
- Once done, remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
The flavorful combination of ingredients, enhanced by the nutritional benefits of just better.® fiber, will leave your taste buds satisfied and your body nourished.
Stuffed Bell Peppers with just better.® fiber offer a delightful way to enjoy a fiber-rich meal.
BTW: This dish is perfect for meal preppers and Meatless Mondays; give it a try, and let us know how it turns out!